View Single Post
PharaohsPaw
Old 09-07-2012 , 15:19   Re: [CS:GO] Show The Right Next Map - posted 9/6/2012
Reply With Quote #9

Well, "nextmap" is a sourcemod command. There does appear to be a hidden "nextlevel" CVAR in CS:GO. I don't know if it works or not, but once again, this plugin is just a simple plugin. I'm not interested in having it try to manipulate the server engine's next map value, especially if SM itself is going to be doing that all by itself at some point in the future.

I have read (and participated in some of) the discussions about SourceMod hopefully setting the engine's next map at some point in the future. There is an open bug/RFE on this as well. As Psychonic said somewhere here on the forums, CS:GO isn't even officially supported yet for SM and we don't need to jump the gun.

As I said in the plugin description, once that happens, this plugin probably won't even be needed anymore anyway.

This plugin only needs to do one thing: intercept the message the server wants to print at map end (that will have the wrong map name if SM has changed what the next map will be) and replace it with a message that has the right map name. (where 'right' = the map SM is about to change the map to).

It works.

If folks want something more complex, knock yourselves out -- it's open source. But please do it in your own plugin thread.

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 09-07-2012 at 15:24.