View Single Post
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2011 , 18:15   Re: [TF2] Smack Talk
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I use this plugin but i have tons of problems of people still hearing eachother after it's turned alltalk off. Sometimes it's a single person on one team that the other team can hear, but they themselves cannot hear the opposite team..

It's got to be an issue with timing. I don't know. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, here is an update versioned 1.5.1. It has a toggle function that will turn all talk on or off silently. So no chat spam about alltalk variable being 0 or 1.
I have a couple of requests:
  1. I would like to have a version that chat says "Smack Talk has been enabled" like the smack talk ending warning. (I have another program that blocks the cvar messages)
  2. Is it possible to add a player threshold to enable/disable alltalk that ignores bots. Basically so if there is less than say 10 players alltalk is turned on.
  3. It appears alltalk is turned on during the waiting period on new maps but is turned off at the round start. For consistencies stake is there a way to have it work so that it still goes over the limit by whatever the setting is?
I tried the simple alltalk plugin which has some of these features but it does not have the waiting period and for some reason it does not enable during the setup period. It also does not ignore bots for the player threshold.