View Single Post
Nanochip
Old 04-03-2015 , 21:58   [TF2] Player Climb (v1.5, 6-6-2015)
Reply With Quote #1

[TF2] Player Climb

Description:
Climb walls with melee by attacking the heck out of a frisky wall! ;)
I ripped SickleClimbWalls from VSH and added a couple cvars.
Decided to release this to the public since a lot of people want it for their FF2 server (and I use it for my prophunt server).
Edit your climbing preferences in the sm_settings menu or sm_playerclimb command.

Video Demonstration:

CVARS:
Listed in your cfg/sourcemod/PlayerClimb.cfg
Note that the default settings for these cvars remedy the VSH bushwacka climb for sniper only.
  • sm_playerclimb_version - Plugin version, no touchy!
  • sm_playerclimb_enable [0/1] - (Default: 1) Enable the plugin? 1 = Yes, 0 = No.
  • sm_playerclimb_damageamount [#] - (Default: 15.0) How much damage should the player take while climbing?
  • sm_playerclimb_team [0/1/2] - (Default: 0) Restrict climbing to X team only. 0 = No restriction, 1 = BLU, 2 = RED.
  • sm_playerclimb_boss [0/1] - (Default: 0) [VSH/FF2 ONLY] Should the boss be able to climb walls? 1 = Yes, 0 = No.
  • sm_playerclimb_class "scout,sniper,spy,heavy,soldier,demo,medic,py ro,engineer" - (Default: "sniper") Which classes should be allowed to climb walls? Use "all" for all classes, otherwise specify the class name separated by a comma.
  • sm_playerclimb_maxclimbs [#] - (Default: 0) The maximum amount of times the player can melee the wall (climb) while being in the air before they have to touch the ground again. 0 = Disabled, 1 = 1 Climb... 23 = 23 Climbs.
  • sm_playerclimb_cooldown [#.#] - (Default: 0.0) Time in seconds before the player may climb the wall again, this cooldown starts when the player touches the ground after climbing.
  • sm_playerclimb_nextclimb [#.#] - (Default: 1.56) Time in seconds in between melee climbs.

Override:
Put this in your addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg if you wish to limit player climbing to a specific flag.
  • sm_playerclimb_override - By default, everyone has access to climbing.

Installation:
  1. Click "Get Plugin" attached at the bottom of this post.
  2. Drag and drop the playerclimb.smx to your addons/sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
  3. Restart the server/map.

To-Do List:
I am always welcome to suggestions!
  • None

Changelog:
Spoiler

FF2 Boss Specific Climbing (Ability):
I made this plugin into a subplugin for Freak Fortress 2, check it out here.

Want to support me?
Credits:
Since I ripped some code from VSH, these beautiful people deserve credit:
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (playerclimb.sp - 2112 views - 17.6 KB)

Last edited by Nanochip; 08-31-2015 at 01:55.