View Single Post
staaat
Old 12-09-2021 , 07:35   Re: [CSGO] Crashing ~5mins after playing
Reply With Quote #16

Thank you for the feedback and testing to find me a solution! It's greatly appreciated.

I know that my user wants a 90s delay and a 0s delay, so it's really odd that a 90s delay differentiation is causing the issue.

A question for you when you managed to reproduced the issue, was this on a machine that had more than 4GB of memory? what I found was that when I received the OOM error, there was still plenty of memory available to use - it was just stopping at the 4GB usage with OOM error.

I'll do some testing tonight with decreasing the delay variation.

Another thing I noticed what you found, was that the default values for tv_delay and tv_delay1 is wrong as tv_delay1 cannot be more than tv_delay based on what I've understood in this release note (details below):

https://blog.counter-strike.net/inde...2017/06/18898/
Quote:
New settings for the game server:
tv_delay1 allows to set a custom delay on TV1 server, with the developed scenario having TV1 delay be at least 3 seconds, and not more than TV0 delay configured with tv_delay setting.
A question you might not be able to answer? but why is having a deviation of 90 seconds causing the OOM error when there is still plenty of memory available to use! Maybe a question for Valve?

Again, your time and thoughts are appreciated!