View Single Post
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2022 , 04:58   Re: [ANY] Improve Latency
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000 View Post
I guess you didn't test it in CS:S, else there wouldn't be any argument. And you were not attentive to what I have written.
No, you're the one not getting a simple message I posted.

Read the official documentation and stop embarrassing yourself with your "low latency trick" if you have no idea what you're even doing. Nothing about this is a trick, you just don't get how it works.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...yer_Networking

It's not only for CSS! These commands are available in all source engine games.
You're setting client settings for them from the server. You already have access to sv_ commands that ENFORCE them in the first place. You're scratching your left ear with your right hand while thinking you're some genius.

For some reason you think that sv_ commands and cl_ commands do not work together and change completely different things. CL_ is a client's PREFERENCE. SV_ is a server's ENFORCEMENT. If you set your CL UPDATERATE to 100000, that doesnt mean your game will use 100000 updaterate. The server is sending data to you, at the rate it is set to. If it has sv_maxupdaterate set to 60, your cl_updaterate is now 60, even though you set it to 100000. You can only set your CL preferences to a value in BETWEEN what server allows. You don't even take tickrate into account which is the actual max limit.

Im not going to waste any more of my time. People who understand how rates work, don't need a plugin for them.