View Single Post
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-03-2017 , 15:38   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Hmm i'm not sure but i believe a vscript can be overridden. The reason why I say this is because a vscript is called, the settings are changed and then the map continues with the new settings so with that being said you should be able to change the settings after the vscript is called, i have minimal experience testing this myself but, maybe take a look at the plugin left4dead, i believe is the name. It dynamically changes the zombie counts and I believe SI based on player count, so if a player leaves you will either have less or more depending. But i'm not 100% sure i'm pointing you to the right plugin or not because its been so long since i've used it, but there may be something useful there...but i'm pretty sure theres a way of doing what you want through coding, with minimal maintenance involved...
So far, the Director Variables plugin may be the way out for me but I'm afraid to depend on it atm. It does almost exactly what I'm looking for but may no longer be supported and that's what scares me the most. If I end up depending on it and an update comes along that breaks it badly, I will be responsible for it.

I'll try to find the plugin you mentioned and see if I can maybe learn something. Thanks