View Single Post
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2017 , 02:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger50 View Post
@ muukis

My gsp has updated the php to 7 and that is causing the problem, I am running 15 l4d2 servers on a vs is it possible for me to add a php ver 5/6 web server to this drive without wiping it?
There are no install scripts within the custom player stats, that could drop existing data from the database. Installing/downgrading to an older PHP would not kill the stats. However, it is never a bad thing to make backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorrock View Post
PHP 7 removed the ext/mysql module favoring ext/mysqli or ext/pdo.

l4dstats web does not work as-is on new servers providing PHP 7.
PHP 5 is dying, even if we can still find servers providing it, PHP 7 will replace it.

Reading l4dstats web source code, it seems like attempts had been made to switch between mysql/mysqli , but never used. Huge parts of code still hardcode ext/mysql usage, thus turning any code change into a nightmare. At least, lots of motivation is needed to patch it.
Thanks for the info. I will update my PHP to the latest and then fix the errors... once I get the time to do that.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 09-13-2017 at 02:11.