View Single Post
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2016 , 20:24   Re: [TF2] TF2 Item DB (replaces tf2itemsinfo)
Reply With Quote #101

Hi guys, I've put up a preliminary version of TF2IDB with attribute support (and nosoop's class/slot changes), as well as a plugin that pretends that it's TF2ItemsInfo and makes calls to TF2IDB, essentially completely replacing TF2ItemsInfo.
http://github.com/flaminsarge/tf2idb

This is NOT READY for formal release. I need testers. Testers that know what they're doing. As such, if you don't know how to compile either plugin properly or install either on the server, including updating the SQLite database using the repository's Python script, then this plugin isn't for you yet.

If you plan to test them, put the new tf2idb.inc in your includes and compile both .sp files; put both up on the server and delete tf2itemsinfo. Run the included Python script (change the file paths at the top to point to the right items_game.txt), and place the resulting SQLite DB (sq3 file) into sourcemod/data/sqlite. Reboot the server and see if plugins that use TF2ItemsInfo now run without it. Ignore the repository's 'test' folder unless you want to test attribute KeyValues generation for some reason.

Let me know how it goes, thanks, and feel free to test out other things in tf2idb such as the new attribute functions or TF2IDB_CustomQuery. All the new stuff can be found in the include file.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-05-2016 at 20:47.