Thread: [L4D] Smoke IT!
View Single Post
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2009 , 19:10   Re: [L4D] Smoke IT!
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Suggestions:

Dont paste #define CVAR_FLAGS into it if youre not gonna use them

Add the voluntary release CVAR to be enabled by this plugin.

Im curious as to how this works ingame. So you set the Smokers MOVETYPE to the ghost kind and half speed. Does this mean he accelerates like in ghost state (only half speed)? And what about the victim, does he get a speed boost too or gets dragged to you with constant velocity? Can you 'run off' with someone? What happens when the victim reaches you?
I cut down run speed so he wont run like mad...victim will be dragged with you, im not sure with what speed, i think it depends on cvar settings (the one which describes how fast the dragged survivors accelerating - then, once they got close to you and you started hitting them, i suppose the speed is constantly equal to yours or something like that. But thats only suggestion.

When victim reaches you, you start hitting it. Thats all, you still can run and drag victim with you after that. Plugin was maden in hurry so CVAR_FLAGS not a big deal, and i will use it for smoker speed cvar eventually.

Dont ask why you can run on one end of map while your tongue still attached to survivor on other end. Its Valve's mechanics, and i will add workaround to this tomorrow. You should test it yourself to see how it works.