View Single Post
sgtbane
Old 09-22-2006 , 21:18   Re: Official SVC_BAD Thread

I don't realy post here a lot, but I have found many things here very usefull. I have written several plugins of my own now and have them running on a public server that many people join. I have noticed this problem occouring mainly when using cs_set_user_model command.
Ive added cvars to use, or not to use the custom player models in a larger plugin that I am working on, When I enable custom models on just the terror team, it is fine. If I enable them on just the CT team, it is still fine. But if I try to enable them both at the same time, it usualy lasts about two rounds and then everyone is kicked.
I thought that maby I could try setting them at different times instead of flooding the server with many model changes at once. I manualy set the models of people one by one using another plugin I made, and specificaly made sure that it didn't do anything to the models after they were set (like how some plugins (csumz) reset models on spawn/death/huddraw), and it still gave the same error.
Maby im left in the dark on this, because I don't see everyone complaning about this, and ive seen some servers (superhero) that have tones of different custom models that don't get this error.
Has anyone thought up a way to work around this problem? Ive tried the cl_dlmax plugin, but it doesent do much (what does cl_dlmax do by the way?). Anyways, I will be converting to a linux server shortly, since I am currently on a windows server. Hopefully its just a windows problem?....

~SgtBane
Send a message via MSN to sgtbane