Thread: CSS BRush
View Single Post
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2014 , 20:31   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #171

Glad to hear that TnTSCS.

I didn't really intend to make a true fork of the plugin or anything - I just wanted to get something working until you were ready to get a CS:GO one ready.

That said, I do really think that being able to run in 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 2v3, etc. forms rather than "going live" when you get 8 people is a better option for public servers. I also think bot integration isn't worth the effort at all, but I can imagine you don't want to remove something you worked to get into CS:S.

I'm having trouble remembering exactly what the bugs when I first started with Lordearon's current version. I know I'm still struggling with some team change issues. I think my issues come from my change to dynamic team sizes. For example, I've added some re-balancing on CT wins in case a T disconnected during the round.

I've also found the MVP selection to be buggy, and I went as far as to remove it today to and always use random selection. Part of my reasoning was that I wanted a very short freeze, so there wouldn't be much time to pick. I think a possible fix would be to extend freeze time when a MVP is picking teammates and then return it to the previous value. A better idea might be to do something like: mp_pause_match while he picks, after something like sm_brush_mvptime seconds mp_unpause_match is done.

I can definitely tell you've done a great job with the CS:S plugin and that's the only reason a SourceMod noob like myself could modify it - so thanks for the clean style!

Last edited by splewis; 02-03-2014 at 20:35.