View Single Post
KMFrog
Old 12-21-2007 , 07:10   Re: Custom Grenade Sounds . . Tactical OPS like
Reply With Quote #21

been playing a bit more with this...

- I've now written in cvars to set the sounds and text messages for each nade type

- The "fire in the hole" sound is now the only blocked radio sound.. the rest work fine

My last and final problem is this:

I cant seam to single out and block the radio text messages. Looking at the data sent with the user message it seams the sever sends a generic user message for all radio commands - but that cant be possible because the client prints the correct text even when the sound messages are blocked.

So there must be some data I cant find/access which I'm going to have to access to block only the "fire in the hole" messages.

I tried to hack round it (naturally) but the sound message is sent after the text message, and the weapon_fire event is also triggered after both user messages are sent.... so the only way I can see to do it is:

- find some data to single out "fire in the hole" text messages in the usrmsg hook

- Block all radio text user messages and be done with it

- Block all radio text user messages and then create fake ones depending on the radio sound user message sent after the blocked one ... which sucks.

Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of user messages can help me out *hint* *hint*

Last edited by KMFrog; 12-21-2007 at 07:12.