View Single Post
dumbnoobisdumb
Old 05-07-2022 , 18:50   L4D2: Strip T2 Shotguns Only
Reply With Quote #1805

Having some trouble entirely removing the tactical and spas autoshotguns.

I’ve removed the specific spawn instances (for example, the ones that always spawn in the gun store on the second map of Dead Center) by filtering “classname” “weapon_autoshotgun_spawn” and “weapon_shotgun_spas_spawn”, and that worked fine. But I’m having trouble preventing them from being spawned through other means, namely “weapon_spawn”.

If I’m understanding correctly, weapon_spawn can spawn autoshotguns via these values:

any
any_primary
any_shotgun
tier2_any
tier2_shotgun
weapon_autoshotgun
weapon_shotgun_spas

For those last two, I can simply use modify to replace them with either tier1_shotgun or one of the pump/chrome varieties, and tier2_shotgun I can replace with tier1_shotgun. The problem is the “any” categories.

For example, tier2_any is used pretty widely across all maps (according to several stripper dumps), and since I don’t want to restrict access to any T2s but the shotguns, I’m not sure how to go about replacing those values. I’ve tried comma-delimited lists (i.e. “weapon_rifle,weapon_hunting_rifle” etc), as well as space-delimited and multiple key/value pairs in the replace block. Nothing has worked.

So I’m wondering: is it possible to use stripper to give the director a list of values to choose from for a given key? Or is it possible to redefine the scope of the “any” values to exclude specific weapons?