View Single Post
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-06-2019 , 12:59   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.0.2) [10-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
It would be neat if the AI behavior could be randomized between pummel and charge and just charge, but I imagine that would be a nightmare to fulfill if not impossible, so that's fine.
actually not that difficult to do...just requires blocking/swapping certain actions from the target ai then replacing the action with another adding a chance modifier. so 50/50 chance one action or the other will happen. I've extensively tested the survivor bot ai and know manipulating them can be done with some finesse. I've coded a target detection system for survivor bots so they do things accordingly based on the targets distance. I did this mainly to get bots to use melee weapons properly and not like idiots. Also solved the most annoying thing...survivor bots being hit in the back and doing nothing, now they target anyone directly attacking them before choosing other targets. the work I've done is incomplete, hence why Ive never released it. If I had more time I'd be willing to help with this. you can use CommandABot to override the ai...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 10-06-2019 at 13:00.