View Single Post
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-24-2006 , 18:44   New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #1

This tutorial should give you a deep understanding of the new AMXX menu system.

If you are having trouble following this tutorial, I suggest you read Pawn Picture Tutorial.

Basic Menu - for interacting within a plugin or having a player select between objects ( such as a weapon menu )
Player Menu - for interacting with a selected player ( such as a kick menu )
Basic Vote Menu - for getting a preference from players ( such as a mapvote menu )
Sub-Menu - for having a menu within a menu ( such as a multilayered admin menu )
Advanced Vote Menu - for getting a more advanced preference ( such as a Galileo's map menu )
Multiple Menus with 1 Handler - for having multiple menus and only using a single menu_handler
Menu Items with Callbacks - for enabling/disabling menu items ( such as a Shop menu that disables items if you don't have enough money )
newmenus.inc - some helpful things from newmenus.inc
End Notes - some tips with the new menus

Basic Menu [top]
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  public plugin_init()  {     //..stuff for your plugin     register_clcmd( "my_awesome_menu","AwesomeMenu" );     //note that we do not need to register the menu anymore, but just a way to get to it  }  //lets make the function that will make the menu  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     //first we need to make a variable that will hold the menu     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     //Note - menu_create     //The first parameter  is what the menu will be titled ( what is at the very top )     //The second parameter is the function that will deal/handle with the menu ( which key was pressed, and what to do )     //Now lets add some things to select from the menu     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #2", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Secret Selection #3", "", ADMIN_ADMIN );     //Note - menu_additem     //The first parameter is which menu we will be adding this item/selection to     //The second parameter is what text will appear on the menu ( Note that it is preceeded with a number of which item it is )     //The third parameter is data that we want to send with this item     //The fourth parameter is which admin flag we want to be able to access this item ( Refer to the admin flags from the amxconst.inc )     //The fifth parameter is the callback for enabling/disabling items, by default we will omit this and use no callback ( default value of -1 ) Refer to the Menu Items with Callbacks section for more information.     //Set a property on the menu     menu_setprop( menu, MPROP_EXIT, MEXIT_ALL );     //Note - menu_setprop     //The first parameter is the menu to modify     //The second parameter is what to modify ( found in amxconst.inc )     //The third parameter is what to modify it to ( in this case, we are adding a option to the menu that will exit the menu. setting it to MEXIT_NEVER will disable this option )     //Additional note - MEXIT_ALL is the default property for MPROP_EXIT, so this is redundant     //Lets display the menu     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );     //Note - menu_display     //The first parameter is which index to show it to ( you cannot show this to everyone at once )     //The second parameter is which menu to show them ( in this case, the one we just made )     //The third parameter is which page to start them on  }  //okay, we showed them the menu, now lets handle it ( looking back at menu_create, we are going to use that function )  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //Because of the simplicity of this menu, we can switch for which item was pressed     //Note - this is zero-based, so the first item is 0     switch( item )     {         case 0:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Selection" );                         //Note that if we dont want to continue through the function, we can't just end with a return. We want to kill the menu first             menu_destroy( menu );             return PLUGIN_HANDLED;         }         case 1:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "OH NO! You selected the Awesome 2nd Selection! BEWARE!" );         }         case 2:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "You have selected the Awesome Admin Selection! Hail Teh Bail!" );         }         case MENU_EXIT:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "You exited the menu... what a bummer!" );         }     }     //lets finish up this function by destroying the menu with menu_destroy, and a return     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Player Menu [top]
*Note - You should have an understanding of the Basic Menu first.
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  #include <fun>  public plugin_init()  {     //Register a way to get to your menu...     register_clcmd( "my_player_menu","AwesomeMenu" );  }  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     //Create a variable to hold the menu     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this Player Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     //We will need to create some variables so we can loop through all the players     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     //Some variables to hold information about the players     new szName[32], szUserId[32];     //Fill players with available players     get_players( players, pnum, "a" ); // flag "a" because we are going to add health to players, but this is just for this specific case     //Start looping through all players     for ( new i; i<pnum; i++ )     {         //Save a tempid so we do not re-index         tempid = players[i];         //Get the players name and userid as strings         get_user_name( tempid, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         //We will use the data parameter to send the userid, so we can identify which player was selected in the handler         formatex( szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), "%d", get_user_userid( tempid ) );         //Add the item for this player         menu_additem( menu, szName, szUserId, 0 );     }     //We now have all players in the menu, lets display the menu     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //Do a check to see if they exited because menu_item_getinfo ( see below ) will give an error if the item is MENU_EXIT     if ( item == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( menu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //now lets create some variables that will give us information about the menu and the item that was pressed/chosen     new szData[6], szName[64];     new _access, item_callback;     //heres the function that will give us that information ( since it doesnt magicaly appear )     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, _access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Get the userid of the player that was selected     new userid = str_to_num( szData );     //Try to retrieve player index from its userid     new player = find_player( "k", userid ); // flag "k" : find player from userid     //If player == 0, this means that the player's userid cannot be found     //If the player is still alive ( we had retrieved alive players when formating the menu but some players may have died before id could select an item from the menu )     if ( player && is_user_alive( player ) )     {         //Set their health to 100         set_user_health( player, 100 );     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Here is a generic player menu from ConnorMcLeod that you can use to easily add to your plugin
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #define VERSION "0.0.1" #define PLUGIN "Players Menu Generic" public plugin_init() {     register_plugin( PLUGIN, VERSION, "ConnorMcLeod" );     register_clcmd( "say /players", "ClCmd_Menu", ADMIN_RCON ); } public ClCmd_Menu( id, lvl, cid ) {     if ( cmd_access( id, lvl, cid, 0 ) )     {         new iMenu = MakePlayerMenu( id, "Players Menu Misc", "PlayersMenuHandler" );         menu_setprop( iMenu, MPROP_NUMBER_COLOR, "\y" );         menu_display( id, iMenu );     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED; } enum ( <<= 1 ) {     PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY = 1,     PLMENU_ALLOW_SELF,     PLMENU_ONLY_ALIVE,     PLMENU_NO_BOTS } MakePlayerMenu( id, const szMenuTitle[], const szMenuHandler[], iFlags = PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY ) {     new iMenu = menu_create( szMenuTitle, szMenuHandler );     new bool:bIsSuperAdmin;     if ( iFlags & PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY )     {         bIsSuperAdmin = !!( get_user_flags( id ) & ADMIN_RCON );     }     new iPlayers[32], iNum, iPlayer, szPlayerName[32], szUserId[32];     new szFlags[4] = "h";     if ( iFlags & PLMENU_ONLY_ALIVE )     {         szFlags[++iNum] = 'a';     }     if ( flags & PLMENU_NO_BOTS )     {         szFlags[++iNum] = 'c';     }     get_players( iPlayers, iNum, szFlags );     for ( --iNum; iNum >= 0; iNum-- )     {         iPlayer = iPlayers[iNum];         get_user_name( iPlayer, szPlayerName, charsmax( szPlayerName ) );         if ( iFlags & PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY && !bIsSuperAdmin         && ( ( get_user_flags( iPlayer ) & ADMIN_IMMUNITY ) &&              ( ( iFlags & PLMENU_ALLOW_SELF ) ? ( id != iPlayer ) : true ) )    )         {             menu_addtext( iMenu, szPlayerName );         }         else         {             formatex( szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), "%d", get_user_userid( iPlayer ) );             menu_additem( iMenu, szPlayerName, szUserId, 0 );         }     }     return iMenu; } public PlayersMenuHandler_Sample( id, iMenu, iItem ) {     if ( iItem == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( iMenu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szUserId[32], szPlayerName[32], iPlayer, iAccess, iCallback;     menu_item_getinfo( iMenu, iItem, iCallback, szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), szPlayerName, charsmax( szPlayerName ), iCallback );     if ( ( iPlayer = find_player( "k", str_to_num( szUserId ) ) )  )     {         new szName[32];         get_user_name( iPlayer, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         client_print( id, print_chat, "You have chosen #%s %s %s", szUserId, szPlayerName, szName );     }     else     {         client_print( id, print_chat, "Player %s<%s> seems to be disconnected", szPlayerName, szAuthid );     }     menu_destroy( iMenu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED; }

Basic Vote Menu [top]
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  //This will hold the VoteMenu  new gVoteMenu;  //This will hold the votes for each option  new gVotes[2];  //This determines if a vote is already happening  new gVoting;  public plugin_init()  {     //Register a way to get to your vote...     register_clcmd( "start_vote","StartVote" );  }  public StartVote( id )  {     //If there is already a vote, don't start another     if ( gVoting )     {         client_print( id, print_chat, "There is already a vote going." );         //We return PLUGIN_HANDLED so the person does not get Unknown Command in console         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //Reset vote counts from any previous votes     gVotes[0] = gVotes[1] = 0;     //Note that if you have more than 2 options, it would be better to use the line below:     //arrayset( gVotes, 0, sizeof gVotes );     //Store the menu in the global     gVoteMenu = menu_create( "\rLook at this Vote Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     //Add some vote options     menu_additem( gVoteMenu, "Vote Option 1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( gVoteMenu, "Vote Option 2", "", 0 );     //We will need to create some variables so we can loop through all the players     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     //Fill players with available players     get_players( players, pnum );     //Start looping through all players to show the vote to     for ( new i; i < pnum; i++ )     {         //Save a tempid so we do not re-index         tempid = players[i];         //Show the vote to this player         menu_display( tempid, gVoteMenu, 0 );         //Increase how many players are voting         gVoting++;     }     //End the vote in 10 seconds     set_task(10.0, "EndVote" );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //If the menu was exited or if there is not a vote     if ( item == MENU_EXIT || !gVoting )     {         //Note were not destroying the menu         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //Increase the votes for what they selected     gVotes[ item ]++;     //Note were not destroying the menu     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public EndVote()  {     //If the first option recieved the most votes     if ( gVotes[0] > gVotes[1] )         client_print(0, print_chat, "First option recieved most votes (%d )", gVotes[0] );     //Else if the second option recieved the most votes     else if ( gVotes[0] < gVotes[1] )         client_print(0, print_chat, "Second option recieved most votes (%d )", gVotes[1] );     //Otherwise the vote tied     else         client_print(0, print_chat, "The vote tied at %d votes each.", gVotes[0] );     //Don't forget to destroy the menu now that we are completely done with it     menu_destroy( gVoteMenu );     //Reset that no players are voting     gVoting = 0;  }

Sub-Menu [top]
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "my_awesome_menu","AwesomeMenu" );  }  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Menu!:", "menu_handler" )     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wGo to SubMenu", "", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     switch( item )     {         case 0:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Selection" );         }         case 1:         {             //Send them to the submenu             SubMenu( id );         }         case MENU_EXIT:         {             //Do nothing?         }     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  SubMenu( id )  {     //Note that we will be using a different menu handler     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Sub-Menu!:", "submenu_handler" )     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #2", "", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public submenu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     switch( item )     {         case 0:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Sub-Selection" );         }         case 1:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "OH NO! You selected the Awesome 2nd Sub-Selection! BEWARE!" );         }         case MENU_EXIT:         {             //If they are still connected             if ( is_user_connected( id ) )                 //Lets send them back to the top menu                 AwesomeMenu( id );         }     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Advanced Vote Menu [top]
*Note - You should have an understanding of the Basic Menu and the Basic Vote Menu first.
Code:
#include <amxmisc>  #include <fun>  //How many different votes there will be in the menu  #define MAX_VOTEIDS 7  //How much "weight" a normal player's vote is worth  #define WEIGHT_PLAYER 1  //How much "weight" an admin's vote is worth  #define WEIGHT_ADMIN 2  new gVoteMenu;  new gVotes[MAX_VOTEIDS];  new gVoting;  //This will store the voteids  new gVoteID[MAX_VOTEIDS];  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "start_vote","StartVote" );  }  public StartVote( id )  {     if ( gVoting )     {         client_print( id, print_chat, "There is already a vote going." );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //Reset vote counts from any previous votes     arrayset( gVotes, 0, sizeof gVotes );     gVoteMenu = menu_create( "\rWho should get 255 Health?", "menu_handler" );     //Here you can do whatever you want to add your voteids.     //We are going to use players for the example     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     get_players( players, pnum, "a" );     //Variable for if the player was added to the vote     new bool:player_added[33], voteid_count;     new szName[32], szVoteId[10];     //Loop through until we get enough voteids or run out of players     while( voteid_count < MAX_VOTEIDS && voteid_count < pnum )     {         //Get a random player         tempid = players[ random( pnum ) ];         //If they haven't been added yet         if ( !player_added[tempid] )         {             get_user_name( tempid, szName, charsmax( szName ) );             //We are setting the data to the voteid number             num_to_str( voteid_count, szVoteId, charsmax( szVoteId ) );             menu_additem( gVoteMenu, szName, szVoteId, 0 );             //Make sure we do not add them again             player_added[tempid] = true;             //Save the voteid as the user id for the player             gVoteID[voteid_count] = get_user_userid( tempid );             //Go to the next voteid             voteid_count++;         }     }     //Now we have all the voteids     for ( new i; i < pnum; i++ )     {         //Save a tempid so we do not re-index         tempid = players[i];         //Show the vote to this player         menu_display( tempid, gVoteMenu, 0 );         //Increase how many players are voting by their weight         if ( is_user_admin( tempid ) )             gVoting += WEIGHT_ADMIN;         else             gVoting += WEIGHT_PLAYER;     }     set_task(10.0, "EndVote" );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //If the menu was exited or if there is not a vote     if ( item == MENU_EXIT || !gVoting )     {         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Get the voteid number that was selected     new voteid_num = str_to_num( szData );     //Increase the votes for what they selected by weight     if ( is_user_admin( id ) )         gVotes[voteid_num] += WEIGHT_ADMIN;     else         gVotes[voteid_num] += WEIGHT_PLAYER;     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public EndVote()  {     //This will hold how many different votes were selected     new votes_select;     //This will hold the top 3 votes     new votes[3];     //This will hold the top 3 selected voteids     new voteid[3];     new i, j;     //Loop through all the voteids     for ( i=0; i<MAX_VOTEIDS; i++ )     {         //If the voteid recieved any votes         if ( gVotes[i] )         {             //If we are still trying to get the top 3             if ( votes_select < 3 )             {                 //Save the data for the current voteid selected                 votes[votes_select] = gVotes[i];                 voteid[votes_select] = i;                 //Go to the next voteid that might have been selected                 votes_select++;             }             else             {                 //Loop through all the top votes, replace any that are lower than the selected voteid                 for ( j=0; j<3; j++ )                 {                     //If this one recieved less votes                     if ( votes[j] < gVotes[i] )                     {                         //Change the data to the voteid with more votes                         votes[j] = gVotes[i];                         voteid[j] = i;                         //Don't need to bother looking for more                         break;                     }                 }             }         }     }     //If noone voted     if ( !votes_select )     {         client_print(0, print_chat, "CRICKEY! No one voted!" );     }     //Else if one voteid recieved all the votes     else if ( votes_select == 1 )     {         //Get the player id from the voteid         new player = find_player( "k", voteid[0]);         VoteGiveHealth( player );     }     //Else if two different voteids recieved all the votes     else if ( votes_select == 2 )     {         //If they recieved even votes         if ( votes[0] == votes[1] )         {             //Give it to a random one             client_print(0, print_chat, "Vote has tied. Choosing random from tied votes." );             new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ random(2 ) ] );             VoteGiveHealth( player );         }         //Else if the first recieved the most         else if ( votes[0] > votes[1] )         {             //Give it to the first             new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ 0 ] );             VoteGiveHealth( player );         }         //Else the second recieved the most         else         {             //Give it to the second             new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ 1 ] );             VoteGiveHealth( player );         }     }     //Else there were at least 3 different votes     else     {         //Here you might want to do run-off voting, but well just select a random one         new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ random( MAX_VOTEIDS ) ] );         client_print(0, print_chat, "Could not determine a winner. Selecting random." );         VoteGiveHealth( player );     }     menu_destroy( gVoteMenu );     gVoting = 0;  }  VoteGiveHealth( id )  {     if ( is_user_alive( id ) )     {         set_user_health( id, 255 );         new szName[32];         get_user_name( id, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         client_print(0, print_chat, "Look that Kangaroo %s has 255 Health!", szName );     }  }

Multiple Menus with 1 Handler [top]
*Note - You should have a good understanding of the Sub Menu first.
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "my_awesome_menu","AwesomeMenu" );  }  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Menu!:", "menu_handler" )     //Note that our data is 'm' to know it is from the main menu     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #1", "m", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wGo to SubMenu", "m", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  SubMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Sub-Menu!:", "menu_handler" )     //Note that our data is 's' to know it is from the sub menu     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #1", "s", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #2", "s", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     if ( item == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( menu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Switch based on the first character of the data ( the 'm' or the 's')     switch( szData[0] )     {         //All our main menu data will be handled in this case         case 'm':         {             switch( item )             {                 case 0:                 {                     client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Selection" );                 }                 case 1:                 {                     SubMenu( id );                 }             }         }         //All our sub menu data will be handled in this case         case 's':         {             switch( item )             {                 case 0:                 {                     client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Sub-Selection" );                 }                 case 1:                 {                     client_print( id, print_chat, "OH NO! You selected the Awesome 2nd Sub-Selection! BEWARE!" );                 }             }             //Note that this is still only for our sub menu             AwesomeMenu( id );         }     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Menu Items with Callbacks [top]
*Note - You should have a good understanding of the Player Menu first.
*Additional Note - This example uses a respawn function specific for Counter-Strike
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  #include <hamsandwich>  //Create a global variable to hold our callback  new g_MenuCallback;  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "my_player_menu","RespawnMenu" );     //Create our callback and save it to our variable     g_MenuCallback = menu_makecallback( "menuitem_callback" );     //The first parameter is the public function to be called when a menu item is being shown.  }  public RespawnMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rRevive Player Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     new szName[32], szUserId[10];     get_players( players, pnum );     for ( new i; i < pnum; i++ )     {         tempid = players[i];         get_user_name( tempid, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         formatex( szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), "%d", get_user_userid( tempid ) );         //Add the item for this player with the callback         menu_additem( menu, szName, szUserId, 0, g_MenuCallback );         //Note that the last parameter that we usually omit is now filled with the callback variable     }     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  //This is our callback function. Return ITEM_ENABLED, ITEM_DISABLED, or ITEM_IGNORE.  public menuitem_callback( id, menu, item )  {     //Create some variables to hold information about the menu item     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     //Get information about the menu item     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Note - item_callback should be equal to g_MenuCallback     //Get which player the item is for     new userid = str_to_num( szData );     new player = find_player( "k", userid ); // flag "k" : find player from userid     //If the user is alive, we want to disable reviving them     if ( is_user_alive( tempid ) )     {         return ITEM_DISABLED;     }     //Otherwise we can just ignore the return value     return ITEM_IGNORE;     //Note that returning ITEM_ENABLED will override the admin flag check from menu_additem  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     if ( item == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( menu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Get the id of the player that was selected     new userid = str_to_num( szData );     new player = find_player( "k", userid ); // flag "k" : find player from userid     //If the player is not alive     //Note - you should check this again in the handler function because the player could have been revived after the menu was shown     if ( !is_user_alive( player ) )     {         //Respawn them         ExecuteHamB( Ham_CS_RoundRespawn, player );     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

newmenus.inc [top]
Code:
//The following defines are to be used with the native menu_setprop #define MPROP_PERPAGE   1    /* Number of items per page ( param1 = number, 0=no paginating, 7=default ) */ #define MPROP_BACKNAME  2  /* Name of the back button ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_NEXTNAME  3  /* Name of the next button ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_EXITNAME  4  /* Name of the exit button ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_TITLE  5        /* Menu title text ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_EXIT    6  /* Exit functionality ( param1 = number, see MEXIT constants ) */ #define MPROP_NOCOLORS  8  /* Sets whether colors are not auto ( param1 = number, 0=default ) */ #define MPROP_NUMBER_COLOR  10    /* Color indicator to use for numbers ( param1 = string, "\r"=default ) */ //These two defines are to be used when changing a menu's MPROP_EXIT value #define MEXIT_ALL      1    /* Menu will have an exit option ( default )*/ #define MEXIT_NEVER  -1      /* Menu will not have an exit option */ //For more details about the following natives, check your actual newmenus.inc native menu_create( const title[], const handler[], ml=0 ); native menu_makecallback( const function[]); native menu_additem( menu, const name[], const info[]="", paccess=0, callback=-1 ); native menu_pages( menu ); native menu_items( menu ); native menu_display( id, menu, page=0 ); native menu_find_id( menu, page, key ); native menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, &access, info[], infolen, name[]="", namelen=0, &callback ); native menu_item_setname( menu, item, const name[]); native menu_item_setcmd( menu, item, const info[]); native menu_item_setcall( menu, item, callback=-1 ); native menu_destroy( menu ); native player_menu_info( id, &menu, &newmenu, &menupage=0 ); native menu_addblank( menu, slot=1 ); native menu_addtext( menu, const text[], slot=1 ); native menu_setprop( menu, prop, ...); native menu_cancel( player );

End Notes: [top]
  • Most of the menu_* natives will throw errors if they are passed an invalid menu. A menu is invalid if it is -1.
  • You can expand on these in many ways, like only have one menu_handler to handle more than 1 menu
  • If you are using a constant menu ( doesn't change at all ) you do not need to create and destroy it each time. It is better to save it as a global.
  • These examples are not completely optimized, but they are for beginners and so they are simplified.
  • List of Colors for menus: ( there are no other colors available )
    • White - \w
    • Yellow - \y
    • Red - \r
    • Grey/Disabled - \d
  • To align text to the right - \R
  • A menu will not show if it does not have any items.
  • Text and blanks can only be added after an item.
  • To hide a menu ( new or old style ) one can do:
    Code:
    show_menu( id, 0, "^n", 1 );
  • One can remove the Next, Back, and Exit buttons to show up to 10 items by using:
    Code:
    menu_setprop( menu, MPROP_PERPAGE, 0 );

Anyway, Adios.

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-22-2015 at 10:10. Reason: Fixed typo
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`