View Single Post
Proaxel
Old 05-06-2021 , 17:56   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloons View Post
First, you're an MVP for going through all of these map cfgs omg.
Second, Have you encountered any issues with the starting safe room door having an invisible wall on some maps?
We have had no issues with safe rooms, but I did notice these entries in some config files have this under the "exploits blocked" category.

This specific one was taken from c2m2_fairgrounds:
PHP Code:
add:
; --- 
block saferoom trigger bounds (fixes versus start before saferoom opened)
{
    ; 
invisible block inside saferoom door

"targetname" "block_versus_start_checkpoint"
    "origin" "1742 2568 0"
    "mins" "-8 0 0"
    "maxs" "0 430 128"
    "initialstate" "1"
    "BlockType" "1"
    "classname" "env_physics_blocker"
}

; <
remove block as soon as door is opened>
modify:
{

match:
    {

"targetname" "checkpoint_exit"

}

insert:
    {

"OnOpen" "block_versus_start_checkpointKill0-1"

}

Perhaps something on your server like a plugin is preventing this from being run properly. Maybe try deleting every occurrence of this in each cfg file and see if the issue still occurs. I'm not even sure the exploit that this entry is supposed to fix is still present as of the TLS update anyway.

For those that still didn't read my entire last post because it was too long, here is an excerpt describing problems I still need help with:
Quote:
Unsolved Problems:
Map 4 of Blood Harvest:
Quote:
Tank spawn will be static at 21%. The Tank spawns in one of the Trucks and has to hit the explosive barrels inside, this will send the Tank flying to the Survivors location, Everyone will see the cut-scene from the Tank's Point of View!
I tried this about half a dozen times, only once did the tank actually trigger the explosion and the cutscene. He didn't even go flying. All the other times, the tank would just stand there doing nothing in the truck and eventually suicide for being stuck. It's obvious this was meant for a human player only.

I have zero knowledge how these scripted sequences work, so I have no clue on how to fix. Perhaps there is a way to force the explosion to happen shortly after the tank spawn is triggered? Then it's just a matter of making sure the AI tank actually flies to where the survivors triggered it.

The Parish Map 3:
Quote:
The route through the Cemetery is modified to be longer.
Roughly 90% of the time, all the entrances are blocked, thus survivors are unable to proceed.

I'm unable to determine what is causing this issue. I can't find any entry or comment in the cfg that suggests what may be causing this.
The closest lead I have is that deleting everything in the section labelled "Sky.cfg by: Electrik, JaneDoe, Visor, vintik" seems to stop this from happening, but that also deletes the exploding barrels event as well. But it's reason to believe the cause is somewhere in that section.

Dead Center Map 3:
The config seems to be forcing the map to spawn with the lower route with the emergency exit doors. I tried deleting various parts with the goal of returning it to default behavior of randomly picking between that route and the route where you shoot out the glass in the toy store, but I always seemed to get broken results with whatever I tried deleting; examples include both routes ending up blocked, or the lower route is open but the emergency exit doors are locked. Deleting the "All Changes" section seems to return it, but I do like the harder escalator placement just before the safe room and doing that gets rid of that too.