View Single Post
Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 21:24   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddown View Post
This is cool. Ive been playing with racemod myself and infected bots to make it 4 man. I am lacking the team color system at the moment. Your way is good. I would love to spawn as jockey and keep it campaign though. Too much problem with getting a game going. Right now I can can use infected bots and change teams and get assigned but can't jump or dismount. Would be nice if you can find a way to get infected bots to work with this. Nice work.
I see what you are saying and i did think about (and still may do) implementing a campaign mode, i dont think it would be very complicated altogether.About the bots moving towards the safehouse im not sure that is possible with the AI system, but i definately cant do it myself.
A way around the ai system would be to use
PHP Code:
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_min 0
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_max 0 
This would give the human full control and i could maybe also add the jockey jump(using a human) but tbh if the human is the one making all the movements then i don't think people would enjoy it much, although it would be easier to get players. About the jumping all im using is dietasee's jockey jump plugin, dismount is from thraka's "infected release"