View Single Post
DeathChaos25
Old 09-11-2017 , 07:58   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Hi i been searching for a way to add the crawling anim directly, this is how far i came,
however the client crawling can see the crawl anim but the other clients can just see sliding not sure how to go from here.

Maybe someone else has a better way to work on it.
You could use the old Dynamic Hooks Survivor Animation Fix pack plugin I made a while back as a base, just grab the gamedata if it hasn't broken that is), since the plugin hijacks the m_SetSequence function meaning you can actually force the animation of your choosing, however this poses the problem that the survivor's model orientation will not match the view orientation with the crawl animations, dunno how to fix that.

Here's an example I made, a long time ago, you need to have Dynamic Hooks for this to work obv, and the gamedata from the linked plugin, also note that since this was written a long time ago it was written on sm 1.7 I believe? So I don't know how much the current compiler will like this;
Spoiler

Here's a video example from before the Dynamic Hooks implementation (hence the survivor "falling" back down after the animation, since instead of hijacking m_nSetSequence I was freezing it), but the premise is the same, the survivor itself is playing the animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvLJ8ZHyqJU
Attached Files
File Type: smx [L4D2] Incap Crawling.smx (6.8 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-11-2017 at 08:02.