View Single Post
sorrybro
BANNED
Old 08-03-2018 , 17:06   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Same. I sent them an email thanking them. I hope maybe once they get this tourniquet in place that they can look for a way to re-implement MOTDs, but in the meantime, I'll gladly take a small bit of broken functionality to kill off some of the cancer in the community so the good servers can shine through again.

I know you guys all like to laugh at me and my empty servers, but before weapon skins were a thing I ran a shit ton of very full servers, and saw the direct correlation between number of !ws servers and drop of my player base. I see people asking for community servers to provide the exact type of servers I provide all the time, yet they're constantly drowned out by a 100 servers providing nothing but !ws. I hope it's not too late for us, but for now I'm excited.

Major cringe.
So all your arguing is about your servers and it's someone else's fault? There's plenty of people spamming servers motd or not, and I can guarantee you it's not anyone's fault your servers are empty lol. Btw there's plenty of spam servers with no players with no motd ads. Other servers and servers running weapon skins aren't the reason why your servers are empty, as you stated.

Also reading other comments here, I think it's nice to have opinions but to wish people to be in a bad position is pretty disgusting to look at. Not to mention these guys aren't harming anyone, has nothing to do with skins and people aren't forcing anyone to play on their servers, and according to this guy, some look to blame others for their issues.

I think valve will re-implement motd and could care less if servers run ads. People forget there's been similar situations before and motd's were eventually fixed to offer it's vast functionalities. It's not like servers are forcing people to play on their servers and players choose to play on what ever they want. What's the point of removing a feature because some people just don't like it? There's plenty of variety out there, which makes it great, why limit it to one preference?

The server side skins though, I agree that could be patched in the future as that could potentially hurt their bottom line, valve needs to make money, and that has nothing to do with running ads lol.

No problem with people not wanting to run ads on their servers, but doesn't mean you should force others to do the same when they aren't doing anything other than running things on their own servers not yours...

Last edited by sorrybro; 08-03-2018 at 17:33.