View Single Post
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-29-2019 , 08:17   Re: [CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
You know that I've had a cheater test your anti cheat and conclude it's better than the 10 million dollar vac, so in a way the scam is technically true about being high quality. At least for Cac

Also I think the GetClientName is possibly capable of being manipulated by a cheater, I have no good knowledge about it but it definitely doesn't have a back end check like the AuthId check does.
It's not better than VAC by any means. VAC can see modules inside the game process, all running threads, it has integrity routines to make sure certain memory regions aren't being detoured/edited, it can also see what processes have open handles to the game. You can't compare a server sided anti-cheat to a client-sided one.

GetClientName does not need a backend check, because you cannot have one. Unless you want overhead by contacting the Steam API and asking for the user's name, and not allowing them to change it inside your server. It seems bothersome to only show name changes after re-connection anyway.