View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-14-2011 , 23:43   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.5
Reply With Quote #4

Maybe I should have made it clearer what's new in this version:

1. The plugin is a lot smaller than the older versions. As in, 17.5KB versus 28.7KB. A lot of this was caused by the removal of Sounds from the core, but there was also some savings from moving the map list out as well. The way the map list is done should also take less memory than before (I hope), since only the current game's map list is loaded.

The sounds plugin is another 7.85KB, so both combined are still around 3.5KB smaller than version 1.4.2 (25.32KB vs. 28.7KB).

2. The Official Map list is now stored in a bunch of separate files, so they can be updated independently of the main plugin. It also allows other people to submit new lists of files for each game.

Said file is checked for changes every map change using the built-in SourceMod ReadMapList function. You can force a check with the sm_mapvote_reload_maplist server command (via console or rcon). It's recommended you just let it update on map change, though.

3. This version is now synced against SourceMod Mapchooser 1.3.7. I'm hoping this gives us better interoperability with other plugins that think they're talking to the SourceMod Mapchooser and are instead talking to Mapchooser Extended. From what I saw, this was mainly changes in how Mapchooser passes data around in timers, plus some logging changes.

4. Fixed some translation issues. I've never really understood how SourceMod determines a client's translation language, but things like (Custom) and the slot blocking lines are now hooked into the client's language instead of the server's language.

5. The code to print votes is gone now. It was redundant as of SourceMod 1.3.0 when the sm_vote_progress_hintbox cvar got added.

6. This rewrite finally fixes the % bug in translations (which still needs to be %% due to how SourceMod works). For real this time. The last time I tried fixing it (with %%%%), it still didn't display properly. Now, messages are handled as they're used rather than translating them, then passing them to additional functions that mangle % signs.

7. Fixed the menu and countdown being ugly in HL2DM, since it uses the older-style menus.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-16-2011 at 13:15. Reason: Fixed SourceMod version reference