Thread: C4 Taker
View Single Post
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-28-2016 , 05:54   Re: C4 Bot Taker - joaquimandrade & ConnorMcLeod
Reply With Quote #12

Let's begin with your presentation:
1.Naming it "C4 Bot Taker" it's misleading, since it works for humans too. Try something more generic, like "C4 Taker", you decide. Fix your description too.
2.Copy-pasting the code in your post is useless and can create confusion. Attaching the sma file is enough.

About your code, it's horrible.

PHP Code:
register_cvar("c4bt_take_from_humans""0"//set to '1' to enable to take C4 from human players
register_cvar("c4bt_max_distance""200"//max distance for the take
register_cvar("c4bt_hud""5"//number of instances the HUD Message appears. Set to '0' to disable. Can be set to '9999...'. 
Such long time since I saw something like this. Use pcvars, that's a base rule if you want your plugin approved, they are faster. What you have to do is to save the return value of register_cvar in a variable and switch from get_cvar_num("cvar_name") to get_pcvar_num(variable_that_store_cvar_pointe r).

Example:
PHP Code:
new cvar register_cvar("my_cvar""100")
get_pcvar_num(cvar
In EventStatusValue_PlayerID, is_user_alive(id) should be put at the beginning of the function. One thing that I don't get is why do you use get_user_aiming when you already know the player that you are aiming at from read_data(2).
Also fix your check, message will be show only for bots and never for humans. If you update your plugin, update it properly.

PHP Code:
MaxSlots 
Is never used.

Start with this.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 05-28-2016 at 07:06.