View Single Post
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-09-2005 , 19:58  
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhujup
hi.

i cant get cshack modul running on my vserver. same configuration is working on my normal linux box. anyone knows a workaround or a fix?

errormsg is:

L 01/09/2005 - 19:45:55: [CSHACK] Error reading memory maps file. Natives not available. (file "/proc/17284/maps") (error "Success")
I'm probably just stupid here, but I'm not exactly sure what a vserver is to be honest. But is that server running on Linux also? Or is it perhaps on FreeBSD? Because I know there are problems with FreeBSD in particluar. But maybe there just isn't a maps file in that location.

Next time you see that message, if you have shell access to the server, go to the /proc/<number> directory and let me know if a file called "maps" even exists. That error message isn't exactly helpful I know, but it's just displayed when there's a problem reading that file which is needed by CS Hack in order to get the location of the cs_i386.so in memory. This is something I'll have to watch out for in SM.

I don't think there's really a workaround here. But if you are using this module for War3 FT, then you might want to wait. I gave Geesu permission to rip some code out this module to use in his War3 FT module since his plugin only uses one thing from this module anyways. And hopefully that wiill have a nice fixed up version of code for you to use.