View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-20-2021 , 10:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.3) [18-Aug-2020]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadist View Post
Not sure if you're still working on this but originally when players locked the doors the lock on the door turned for it being locked and back again for unlocked, we still have these animation states for the doors. Is there any way you could make it to where when locked the lock animation plays and vice versa for unlocked? There's also an animation state where while the lock is turned the knob tries to turn but fails because it's locked, could that be done as well?
Yeah I would add this but I don't know the animation name to trigger it. I had a look at the metal door model and it had no animations. I noticed when the door is locked and you try to use it doesn't make a sound or wiggle the handle. Is this the same for all locked doors? That's something I would add too.

Edit: I found one door with a knob which has the animation, the metal door with a handle doesn't seem to have any animation.
Also added a sound for when it's locked and attempting to open. I'll probably have to find more doors which don't have animation or only use a list of doors with the knob animation.

Code:
1.4 (21-Jun-2021)
    - Added door handle animation and sound when attempting to open a locked door. Requested by "The Renegadist".

Last edited by Silvers; 06-21-2021 at 09:55.