View Single Post
MadMakz
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-26-2013 , 15:53   Re: [ANY] Smacbans 0.1.9
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
thank you for explaining. but i do not use this because i do not know if i can trust the trusted members who maintain this list. often these things start out with good entensions but then they get sloppy and start to ban people they do not like because there is no way to contest the addition of someone to the system and everyone just assumes the trusted members that add them is justifiable . i have seen it go on in a lot of gaming services so i speak from experiences
There are no manual bans. The bans are made by SMAC. The only reason for that we rely on trusted partners is that there's currently no easy way to make sure that the SMAC ban was made by an unaltered SMAC installation or has been manipulated. This is due to the nature of SourceMod. (If you think there's a secure way feel free to get in touch with us)

Through the trustees we have the possibility to check for the validity. That said, we had one case where a trustee had indeed attempted to fake a SMAC ban but we where able to figure this out quiet fast and took actions to make it easier to catch such attempts. This former trusted member is no more a trusted member.
All protests are beeing discussed and reviewed internaly with at least 3 to 4 different people from different communities on it.
In worst case we're going the "benefit for the doubt" way in case of a protest.

We're also following the SMAC community and development to keep eyes on FalsePositive reports (also those triggered in combination of 3rd party plugins & SMAC)so we can purge ID's banned falsely from our database.

However, like with any global ban list, such as SteamBans, everyone has it's own thought. One likes it the other don't. There's no perfect middle.

Last edited by MadMakz; 04-26-2013 at 16:00.