View Single Post
yzybb
Old 09-20-2021 , 12:31   Re: [EXTENSION] [L4D2] 8+ players Bug Fixes (1.0.2)
Reply With Quote #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
I don't know why it's crashing for you but I just 2 full campaign runs on my Windows server as a test and did not stumble upon any crash while doing so.

Edit: Are you sure this extension is causing the crashes? I'm having doubts cuz the crash logs you provided has nothing to do with the extension and all of them seem to be pointing OnTakeDamage at fault.

What I can deduce from it is the possibility of multiple plugins changing the damage received by the same victim/attacker. I happened to do the same thing by accident when I was attempting to modify the damage taken by survivors from Witches in one plugin and another blocking said damage.

If you're still confused, I hope this little demonstration will help:
Code:
Before:

Plugin 1 is changing the damage done by Witches to survivors
Plugin 2 is blocking said damage for specific players
SDKHooks freaks out cuz it can't determine which is which and crashes the server

After:

Plugin 1 now changes the damage except for those specific players that Plugin 2 checks for
Plugin 2 remains untouched
SDKHooks is now able to determine how the damage should be handled for everyone and doesn't crash the server anymore
From the demonstration above, what I'm implying is to look for the plugins that are utilizing OnTakeDamage cuz there's a chance a few of them are conflicting with one another.
Thank you. I seem to understand the cause of the crash, and your reasoning process is worth learning. Thank you very much for your testing and guidance