View Single Post
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2019 , 22:48   Re: [CS:GO] Skill Auto Balance (v1.1.8, 2019-6-2)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
Well I can link to your comment on the top of OP if you'd like.

My server doesn't use RankMe so I hadn't thought of using that to sort players. This just sorts by either K/D+1, K/D+K+1, or K*K/D+1 depending on what you choose. The differences b/w those three is whether you want to prioritize the k/d ratio or the number of kills when determining a "skill" value for a player. This method honestly isn't that great, and if I were to instead come up with an "average skill" for the server and try to split the teams in a way to make each team equal to that, it'd be better.

I swap with CS_SwitchTeam so that players who are swapped aren't killed at the end of the round (instead they are frozen, stripped of weapons, and given god until the next round), and it can be disabled so that it behaves like ChangeClientTeam.

There's a couple of ConVars that whoever uses this can play with, like # of players to swap, and some that affect how frequently a balance occurs.

Originally when I was writing this plugin, I did not want it to just be a "team scrambler" - I wanted it to keep teams almost the same, just swapping players enough so that it'd be a little more fair for each team. One of the biggest things players do on my awp server is counter how specific players they're facing play, so if those players end up changing frequently it messes with that aspect.

Also I wrote this in the transitional syntax, dunno if it matters though.
I like old syntax, they work the same.

Discord: Eyal282#1334