View Single Post
pedrotski
Old 07-26-2021 , 11:37   Re: MySQL connection loss leads to crashes
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadet.89 View Post
I doubt hibernattion has something to do with this problem, crash happens indepandently on player count. If I run the 2 plugins while beeing on the server, there is no hibernation and the crash still happens.
If MySQL server is switched off, or there is a network problem which makes it impossible to get information from the MySQL server, it leads to crashes in 100% cases.

It is enough to set some invalid ip address in database.cfg and run the 2 plugins to get boot loop.

As I see it now, it is a design issue, but I don't have enough expirience to understend how it works.

Most likely there is a lazy solution to handle unfinished threaded queries, which turns them into non-threaded when a plugin is about to be unloaded, instead of dropping the queries or postponing unloading.
Trust me, Hibernation causes all kinds of oddball issues. So you should at least try it.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=332055

Here is an example of an issue I had because of hibernation. It would crash if no one joined the server. Most popular servers that actually get lots of people playing run with hibernation disabled for a reason.

Also, your mysql server should never be "off". If it has connection issues, there is a problem elsewhere in your setup.

Last edited by pedrotski; 07-26-2021 at 11:39.