View Single Post
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-04-2020 , 06:39   Re: DHooks (Dynamic Hooks - Dev Preview)
Reply With Quote #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I am getting crashes related to DHooks after upgrading to 2.2.0-detours13. I'm not sure if it's DHooks itself causing it or a plugin I have installed.

I'm not sure exactly what information I need to provide.

https://crash.limetech.org/n2yav6jbbmt7
That looks like a regression from the recursive call fixes in detours11. I've pushed a fix for it, but would like to hold off on releasing another version just yet, since there seems to be quite a volume of reports and requests lately and I don't want to spam releases. You could roll back to detours10 in the mean time if you don't hit any of the cases fixed in later versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanz View Post
Can you provide access to the function return address? I needed to check if function were being called from a specific location. That would be a cool feature
Sounds like a nice way to prevent the need to detour the caller just to set a flag for the actual callee. I'll see how that can be added for vtable hooks and detours. I'd like to avoid adding another Handle type to push to the hook handler callbacks in plugins. The callback function signature is complicated as is already. Maybe some global stack of active hooks and their return addresses could be a way and just a DHookGetReturnAddress() native without any context arguments to get the top of that stack? Sounds messy though.