View Single Post
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-18-2023 , 16:35   Re: is this site get hacked? an invalid thread and user appears in Sourcemod - Genera
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_froy View Post
the user named "validhack"
Please just use the Report Post () button below the user's profile.

Both when you see stuff like this, but also if there are other posts that you feel may be in violation with the AlliedModders Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
are spambot
Correct.

Quote:
I think this site is very old
The problem, regardless the age of the site, is that these spam bots are getting more and more "sophisticated":

I once saw something that looked like a spam bot, so therefore I triggered an infraction causing a ban, with a reason like "Spam bot? - Appeal via Contact Us, if you're real.".

I was surprised to see that potential spam bot return and spam again, but it appeared that it had been appealing about the ban, and due to the appeal, it was apparently considered real by someone else.

Quote:
should improve the security.
Although you can get a long way, with a lot of effort, the result you eventually notice, isn't going to be the same forever.

Changing to another kind of forum isn't going to help, or magically fix the problem either.

Spam bots are learning your layers of defence, which means to be pro-active, it requires you to be constantly on guard, and be adapting to new things.

That rarely works that well, together with things driven by volunteers.

There is simply no permanent fix to the problem, regardless what you do (or don't do).

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 12-18-2023 at 16:39.