View Single Post
LordDeath
Old 12-10-2019 , 12:55   Re: Encrypt a map, prevent others from using map
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by redivcram View Post
What did you mean by this, though?

You're giving no valid explanation as to what has been done to alter the map, but still come up with concepts that defy logical thinking. What you said there means nothing to the fact that you've done something with the map. We cannot guarantee that what you're saying about whether the client reads his local BSP vs the server's BSP depending on whether he is using the map command or connecting to the server is true or false because we do not know what has been done to alter the map nor whether one of the map files are legit or not.
I didn't need to explain this, but altering the map means deleting everything from it using some kind of software without a need of recompiling the map, that's literally what I've done. therefor you don't get
Quote:
Your map [maps/de_dust2.bsp] differs from the server's.
when you load the map. deleting the entities from the map and placing some dummy text creates an error, which you should see when you try to run the altered file.
If you tried what I just said for the 2 de_dust2 files I provided you would confirm it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Why do we need to put the maps onto a fast download server then?
Delete the map from your client and set mp_download to 0 for yourself.
You won't be able to join the server.

Sorry, but you have no idea how that works.
did you even understand anything of what I said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^SmileY View Post
Entity is processed at server side ok, but client need to read bsp map to know what entity will be changed according server settings, this not change the fact that client read the bsp map lol.

And yes client need to download bsp and read it to start a local server or enter in a dedicated server.
that's what I meant all the way till this point, even if you get the protected file from the fast download you won't be able to start it offline or use it for your own server regardless of the client reading it when you connect to the server you got it from or not.

Last edited by LordDeath; 12-10-2019 at 13:01.