Thread: Spec Kick 1.0
View Single Post
foo.bar
Old 09-16-2004 , 09:33  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient1
I dont really see the point of this plugin as a AFK kick plugin of which there are numerous do just the same job you want?
Actually, in my case, they aren't. AFK plugins never kick the spectators from my server and I've installed quite a few of them. I dunno if I've configured the AFK plugins (or my server) incorrectly but it runs so smooth (i.e. I'm afraid to mess the server up) and I was bored so I just wrote my own little tool for my own necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient1
Banning spectators from the the same IP may be usefull so players in Internet Cafe's cant tell their friends the location of the enemy etc might be of use, but I just dont see this as usefull TBH, sorry....
My server isn't a lanhouse server, it's an internet server so banning, if I really do implement temporary banning, would be based on STEAM_IDs. I know I have many repeat offenders for going into spec and sitting there until they're ready to play and if I really do implement banning, it would be for short periods so that they don't just reconnect and start playing again like nothing happened.