View Single Post
Vladimir Van Vodka
Old 07-03-2010 , 07:44   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks and Vanilla)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyminuth View Post

[...]

Survivor Perks
  • Wise
    • You receive a permanent attack bonus for each kill. You receive a permanent defense bonus when hit.
Zombie Perks
  • Rage
    • Receive health and speed bonuses by calling for medic. Ability can't be activated below 80% health. Ability has a cooldown time of 30s.
[...]
I have pinned these down because I have problems with these in game

I'm not sure what version of the mod I was playing with at the time as the server did not specify. please excuse me if it has already been changed.

Wise seems like a good idea, giving survivors who are doing well some bonuses for their hard work.
however, this is dreadful when applied on an engineer when his sentry is getting all the kills, and his sentry only gets more and more powerful.
I was playing on a zf_dustbowl game some time ago, and an engineer was turtling on the fourth point on the map (equivalent to stage two, point two on cp_dustbowl) his sentry was getting stronger and stronger as he got easy kills with it, eventually it instantly killed us with two bullets as zombie heavies, spy zombies would just die after one shot when trying to uncloak behind it, as you could imagine it got us pretty mad, and most of the zombie players left.

If you could kindly disallow that specific perk of giving extra damage by sentry kills and maybe make it's maximum damage and defense ramp up at 200% it would be very much appreciated.

Rage is also good in the sense that it helps breaking up a super turtling team of survivor's defence, however, it becomes obsolete for scout zombies because a heavy gains 450 health and runs at you with the scout's speed, it's almost unstoppable without a sentry, or unless you compression blast the heavy with a flamethrower and your entire team focus fires on him.
this might not be all that terrible, but when three or four of them all have 450 health and run at the speed of a scout it becomes impossible.

I would suggest that the heavies rage ability does not boost up his speed at a ludicrous amount, instead bringing up his speed at a higher pace.
(pace of an average class: 100%; pyro, engineer, sniper etc.)
Or instead, make a player restriction of 2 per perk.
(It might also help with in game diversity.)

I also had content suggestions but i guess I'll specify them later, after your reply.

Last edited by Vladimir Van Vodka; 07-03-2010 at 07:46. Reason: misspelling