View Single Post
pvtschlag
Old 11-10-2009 , 17:48   Re: [L4D] SkeetAnnounce 1.3
Reply With Quote #16

I have made a few modifications to this plugin.

Firstly, I fixed a small bug with detecting multiple deadstops on the same player in the same pounce. I simply changed the palyer's current pouncing state to false when they get deadstopped. This will prevent getting several messages when one or more players melee the same hunter multiple times within a short amount of time.

Secondly, I made it so that all damage done to the hunter when he is in the process of a pounce is reset when he pounces again. This prevents the cumulative skeet display from showing everybody has skeeted the player when he has been pouncing around really fast due to the timer not being completely accurate on detecting when a pounce ends. I'm not sure if this was actually intended or not, but I prefer it this way which is why I changed it. I also made it so it ignore kills done by any non-players in the cumulative output. For example if you shoot a hunter without killing it and it falls to its death it wont say that it was skeeted.

Lastly, I created a new verbosity level that shows a simple cumulative skeet display that is in one line that also contains the players who assisted with the skeet.

Example output would be:

playerA skeeted playerB
playerA skeeted playerB with the assistance of playerC
playerA skeeted playerB with the assistance of playerC and playerD
playerA skeeted playerB with the assistance of playerC, playerD, and playerE
playerA skeeted playerB with the assistance of playerC, playerD, playerE, and playerF
ect...

The flags for skeetannounce_verbosity are:

0 - Show nothing
1 - Show cumulative skeet display
2 - Show deadstops
4 - Show every hit during skeet
8 - Show simple cumulative skeet with assists

You can enable any combination of these by adding the corresponding numbers together. For example, 3(1+2) is "cumulative skeet display and deadstops" and 10(8+2) is "Show simple cumulative skeet with assists and deadstops". The default value is still 3, however, I am using 10 as I believe it to be the most info without being spammy.

Feel free to include this in the "offical" version of the plugin if you want.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (skeetannounce.sp - 794 views - 8.4 KB)