View Single Post
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-14-2022 , 23:56   Re: [TF2] [CA] Custom Weapon Model
Reply With Quote #7

I had been looking into custom warpaints and messing with warpainting nonpaintable items quite some time ago when I was working for Creators.tf. The warpaint system doesn't seem to have an easy way of specifying a custom warpaint texture or any way of applying warpaint to nonpaintable items.

Also, nice to see people are messing with custom weapon models more. If you're having issues with models not showing for other players, check out my Serverside Player Attachment Fixer plugin which sets the m_bValidatedAttachedEntity netprop on things automatically.

I do have a question pertaining to this plugin: does this also suffer from the same lighting oddities that we encountered with our system at Creators? Like in some random spots on random maps the weapons lighting just frigs up and goes dark, or changes color altogether. Does that happen with this? I'd also been looking for some other way of doing custom weapon models that didn't require parenting a separate set of arms and another weapon model which ate into the # of spaces left in a players m_hMyWearables array. That array is capped at 8, although valve had plans to increase that which is evidenced in the source code leak, but couldn't because it frigged up old demo recordings. I never did find an easier way of just straight up replacing the existing weapon c_model instead of doing all the rigamarole that other plugins do to achieve the same effect.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 02-14-2022 at 23:57.