View Single Post
j3rms
Old 09-23-2020 , 09:52   New Server - Steam - CS 1.6 - Help Kindly Requested
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all, New here.

I am going to make it short and sweet but detailed.

I recently decided after many years to start playing counter strike again 1.6 with some friends. although online servers of others are fun i wanted to control the server so we could setup pugs etc. I have tried many methods and i will explain the outcomes of each.

1. Loading a listen server (using steam cs1.6 and hosting a game) works great for lan, cannot do sv_lan 0 and play on the internet (yes the firewall has been set with udp 27015 as pass through).

2. steamcmd i did everything and tried many different methods. i used GUI i used Console i set different ports everything! lan = no problem / online = no go

3. i though at first it was my router so i DMZed the computer and checked the port using port checker websites... nothing no open.

4. someone suggested i run the server and check netstat -aon = i did that although whatever port i set is there it is never in a listening state.

At this point i know it must be something small. I am willing to pay someone to help me as opposed to buying slots on an online platform.

Setup Options:

1. Windows Server 2019 Machine - I5-6400 / 64GB Ram / 2tb NVME
2. Windows 10 Professional Machine - I7-6700 / 32GB Ram / 1tb NVME

Firewall - PFsense setup for dual wan
Wan 1 = 1gb/1gb Fiber
wan 2 = 500/500 Fiber

Would love some help i have tried numerous times, again i know i am new and i know i missing something small. I own the game and i am happy to buy a second steam license if thats what it takes but i dont think it is. I am trying to simply run a dedicated server (mods are a plus)