HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-01-2014 , 12:23   Re: Bomb Status
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstabnoob View Post
  • PHP Code:
    set_task 0.1 "ShowHud" id 
  • Why? You're displaying the message for 12 seconds. There's absolutely no reason to reshow it every 0.1 seconds. Also it will look really silly with director hud messages, because they have no channels and they will just overlap one over another so after those 12 seconds you'll have a big nice block of color if the content of the message changes a lot.
  • Also, cache the hud sync objects.
  • In GetName, check if the user is connected to the server. You don't even have to use this, just remove it entirely and get the name directly in the HUD function, just cache the bomb ent ID.
  • Also, instead of copying the contents of dhudmessage.inc, just leave it in the includes and point to it in your thread in case it gets updated or something.

I didn't look thoroughly but that's what you should start with if you want this to get approved.
1. I need to update it every 0.1 second, in order to catch immediately every change ( bomb dropped,planted etc ). But I can't make the hud to stay only for 0.1 seconds, it will cause a awful bug. I think that it should remain like this.
2. Will be added.
3. I'll add the check and when I have time will remove GetName.
4. Some peoples are lazy, if the plugin can't be directly compiled they won't use it.
5. Some peoples wanted it to be with dhud, so I maked a cvar. It will remain as it is.

ArabicMan I really don't see the reason to do this.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 06-01-2014 at 12:31.