View Single Post
Sup
Old 07-07-2015 , 14:20   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #102

I don't mean to be a downer on this, but you releasing such a high quality plugin publicly, which before would require people to hire developers to make and set different servers apart, creates saturation in the community. Before it was all about exclusivity, and it was perfect that way. Now everyone and their mother can just pop your plugin, stripper files, and database config in in under 30 minutes and have a surf server.

Don't get me wrong, you did a very good job at creating this, but you've almost ruined it for the others that have paid for these private server plugins to stand out from the rest. Now, soon, whenever you go to the browser community servers, all you'll see is surf servers running ckSurf. There is no distinction between servers. There is no real competition left, because there is so much of it, if you get what I'm saying, or will be at least.

I think releasing such a customized plugin, which takes basically no effort to put in a server will be the downfall of surf servers. So many people will attempt to create these servers, but just end up with the same as everyone else, and it could be worse. Their admins, their people, could be the scum of the earth just trying to make a quick buck, and you gave them that opportunity.

When all you see is ckSurf is the browser server communities tab, and there is nothing unique, nothing original, nothing actually worth going on.... I'm just saying, I told you so.

Last edited by Sup; 07-07-2015 at 14:21.