View Single Post
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-07-2019 , 19:23   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_rapt0r View Post
GSLT - so for example, you recommend that I change the IP for example at 4 AM, so players can refresh the combo in the morning and the day after?
If you have already been running your server with the same token (sv_setsteamaccount) for a while (e.g. a few days, a week, a month, several years, ... whatever!), then just boot up your server on the new location right now:

If your player just refreshed two hours ago and saw your IP<->token combination there, it will take them (at least) 22 hours to update, but at the very first refresh they do after those 22 hours has flown away, will update your IP address to fit the new one.

If I have been on vacation for the past week (, and therefore never refreshed my server list in that time), and I'll get home in an hour and refresh the server list; I will see your new IP address instantly, since it more than 24 hours since my Steam client refreshed the IP<->token combination.

Time stamp (4 AM, noon, 8 PM, ... whatever) doesn't matter at all; the mentions in the links above is based on real life tests, cut out in cardboard boxes with exact time stamps, solely to make sure that everyone understand how it works.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 09-07-2019 at 19:25.