View Single Post
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-31-2012 , 05:08   Re: Complicated Currency Plugin
Reply With Quote #8

If you want to have players log in to their "account" through the website, you can do it simply and securely without having to expose their steamid on the site.
Still, I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a bad idea using their steamid as the login, since no ones steamid is exactly well-hidden.

However. When a user logs in to your server for the first time, simply have a message pop up that tells them to type "register <password>" in console.
and then simply send that off to the database as their password (please use md5 or some other encryption for security).

When a user wants to log in to the website, all they need is to enter their password.
Just have the php match the password up with the appropriate account. If it can't find an account, obviously an incorrect password was entered.

Extremely simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodil View Post
I know, but I prefer to use a ingame menu to buy stuff with ingame currency, why would I want to alt+tab out of my game(or use the slow steam browser) to buy something on a website? I could understand that when the website would somehow be connected to gaining points (maybe some browsergame or something that gives a alternative way to earn points), but a shop-website just for the sake of it? Not the best idea in my opinion
Option to buy stuff both in and out of game would be a pretty cool idea. It's general purpose is most likely user convenience.

Last edited by Skyy; 03-31-2012 at 05:09.