View Single Post
Morell
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-19-2022 , 05:39   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRiAnIlloO View Post
Dear CollisionHook users,

I have recently noticed a serious issue in the extension (which I might have patched successfully). The extension had a memory leak over its internal hooks that arose every map change. The bug causes servers that run for few days without a restart (at minimum) to suffer from high var (CPU) usage, drastically slowing down FPS and thus making the game even unplayable when arbitrary physical/game interaction takes place.

In order to test my patch properly, I ask for your help to try this version. If you have game servers that don't restart often and noticed such bad performance after running without a full restart for few days, the extension could be the culprit. I also ask users to test it to check there are no regression bugs, and it doesn't cause other problems (such as physics bugs).

Source code (patched branch): https://github.com/Adrianilloo/Colli...ks-memory-leak (note the patched binaries aren't in the Release section yet).

Also, I can't guarantee that the contained gamedata is correct for the game you are using. So I recommend only replacing the files from the extension folder, if you were already using CollisionHook.

Once I can be confident enough that it's stable, I'll push the changes to the main branch.

The patched version is attached below. Thank you.
Hello, thanks for this fix, but I have this error on a CS:GO server using Linux:
<FAILED> file "collisionhook.ext.2.csgo.so": Unable to hook PassServerEntityFilter!

Edit:
Works with the original gamedata file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt collisionhook.txt (549 Bytes, 120 views)

Last edited by Morell; 12-19-2022 at 05:42.