View Single Post
rikka0w0
Old 07-12-2018 , 05:23   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Still looking for a clarification on the difference between !chmap and !chmap2. They appear to be the same... unless I missed a previous post?

"2. A new map voting system is introduced, players can use "!chmap" to initiate a vote if they want to change the map immediately.
3. A new command "!chmap2" allows players to vote when they want to switch to any map available on the server, even the target map is not the first map of a campaign."

And I see that the logic behind map switch is still immediately upon successful voting... it should be 1. call vote on finale/survival maps -> voting in progress -> new map selected -> map switched upon completion/team wipe. Immediate map switch is bad. Also, if you are on a survival map, you can't vote for a coop map or it'll crash the server.
1. "!chmap" and "!chmap2" are designed to change the map immediately at any time. As people mentioned, it could be a safety threat to some server, so I have already made these two commands disabled by default.

2. "!chmap" is for voting campaign, "!chmap2" is for voting a specific map, e.g. the third map of campaign "Dead Center". If vote succeed, "!chmap" changes the map to the first map of the winning campaign, "!chmap2" changes the map to the wining map.

3. In survival and scavenge mode, "!chmap" is redirected to "!chmap2".

4. "!mapvote" and "!mapvotes" are only available on the finale map or scavenge maps, they are exactly the same as the Chrisp's original version. "!mapvote" is for voting next campaign in coop and versus mode. In scavenge mode, players vote for next map. "!mapvote" and "!mapvotes" are disabled in survival mode.

5. The plugin handles coop, versus, scavenge and survival mode separately, there are 4 independent map/mission cycle lists. Players only see maps and campaigns which are available to the current game mode. So voting a coop map in survival mode cannot happen. "!mapvote" and "!mapvotes" can not be used on survival mode. If "!chmap" and "!chmap2" are enabled, players can use these commands to call a vote for the next map.

Hopefully my explanation helps

Last edited by rikka0w0; 07-12-2018 at 05:26.