View Single Post
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-07-2006 , 15:07   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by faluco
Kwo ive decided you should make the itemmode editor in a separate plugin like what is done for spawn.
It was BAILOPAN's decision to include item_editor inside itemmode plugin due to problems with necessity making some interface between plugins to tell csdm_itemmode from csdm_item_editor "Hey - the editor is now running - don't let pickup weapons by the player for this moment" or "Itemeditor has finished its work - please reload file with entities in csdm_itemmode plugin" etc. Because of similar (and other) reasons BAILOPAN decided to merge csdm_spawn_preset with spawn_editor. Please contact with him to have one idea how this mod should look like...
I'll try to debug it my-self if it's too difficult for You debug it with my code - don't worry. ;)

[EDIT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Logic View Post
I have the following issues with 2.1d:
1) when you come over an armorpack/medkit, you get it twice - frist when you're close enough to armor, second one when you come right over it. I suppose (now i'm sure) it's beause you do not strip an existent items from the map which duplicate them in ents_xxx.cfg file.
I think the problem is happening because of that tool and doesn't stripping existing weapons from the map.
@Faluco - Are You sure You tested it on any map with weapons on the ground made by mappers? ;)
[/EDIT]
[EDIT2]
Now I'm sure - in the csdm_main g_StripWeapons works only for weapons the players are spawned with, but it doesn't care about weapons existing on the ground (created by mappers). Well - I'm expecting some troubles with enabling CSDM during the game with itemmode on such maps (CSDM is enabled, it is starting to strip weapons and other entities like buyzones, bomb sites etc and the same time the entites are created from the file mapname_ents.cfg... - maybe they will be removed, too, if I don't delay creating them before stripping function will finish the work...)
[/EDIT2]

Last edited by KWo; 12-07-2006 at 15:53.