View Single Post
Fenderic
Old 08-25-2011 , 01:01   [TF2] Glass Attack (0.4)
Reply With Quote #1

hey, first plugin, hopefully i am posting this properly, if not just yell at me!

• Summary:
Glass Attack is an arena / team deathmatch type gamemode based on a custom map I used to play on COD. It shares similarities with the Glass Fun maps from CS:S. This plugin limits both teams to only using the sniper, which is an ode to the map I played on COD where you could only use the Bolt-Action Rifle. This plugin is to be used on custom maps featuring the prefix "glass_".
  • Cvars:
  • sm_glass_enabled - default to 0, switch to 1 to force players to play as sniper.
  • sm_glass_version - displays the version of the plugin.
  • Future:
I wish I could have brought this to full completion before publicly releasing it, but I just moved into my college dorm room today and lost the ability to test on my own server until winter break, aside from weekends at home, so this was a bit rushed. Features that I plan to implement include having the plugin check for the prefix "glass_" and automatically enable/disable itself accordingly. I also want to strip the SMG of all ammo or block it from usage without having to rely on SDKHooks, for less server requirements, if possible. I also hope that after publicly releasing, I will recieve creative criticism on how to improve gameplay(remove certain weapons, remove First Blood Buff, etc.)
Currently planning to add variable for server admin to adjust the following:
% chance that glass breaks (0-100)
damage percent done (0-100)
headshots (on/off)
first blood (on/off)
melee only (on/off)
  • Requirements:
The main plugin does not require anything special at it's current version. However, to use the crummy little NoSMG plugin i made, you need SDKHooks.(although you will be better off probably just telling people to not use it)
  • Media:
There is a really poor quality of gameplay video and a plethera of screenshots on the moddb page http://www.moddb.com/mods/glass-attack
if some of you wouldn't mind uploading some videos to youtube if you try out my plugin, i would be very greatful
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuFM9vE6qQI[/video]
  • Maps:
Currently uploading a couple that people seem to like onto gamebanana
- Axis - A large map with many glass tunnels.
- Sandstone - A map featuring multiple platforms.
- Basics - A smaller map with 2 floors of glass with solid ledges.
- Triad - A flat map featuring a safe grid and a few glass walls.

Want to make your own map? - You can find a prefab for download here.

I have only had opportunities to test this mod with up to 3v3, so I am anxious to hear what you all think about it playing with various amounts of people. Everyone that I have had test seemed to think it was a pretty fun mix up from regular TF2, and I hope you all like it aswell. Unfortunately, I am not able to host a server at the moment, but if anyone is testing, feel free to post your IP so others can join in!
Attached Files
File Type: smx glassattack.smx (3.0 KB, 447 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (glassattack.sp - 1396 views - 1.5 KB)

Last edited by Fenderic; 09-29-2011 at 12:53. Reason: added 2 more maps