View Single Post
kaddar
Old 07-22-2004 , 01:43  
Reply With Quote #4

It works? Great!

It's supposed to be like the movie "The One", where every time the main character dies, his life energy is transferred to all other alternate demensions where his other forms exist, making those forms more powerful. So thus I extended this into CS by making dead player's life be given to living players.

Gameplay wise, it's supposed to make brutal beatings not so brutal, allowing the lasting players to get a bunch more kills in before they die, of course it always balances out by the fact that both teams gain this life, but this makes games where 5 players kill all players but one much more interesting, allowing for closer games. This'd especially be interesting on fy_iceworld because of games where often an entire team will be killed except for a single player.

If anyone wants to show me this plugin running on their server so I can see how it plays, feel free to aim me, kaddar0.

Maybe I should add a cvar to allow server owners to change default round health? That way, you could start at 50 life and move up, making it faster paced, and making teammate's deaths all the more helpful.