View Single Post
MrE
Old 05-12-2018 , 06:51   Re: Multiple Servers, Have overall stats and stats for individual servers?
Reply With Quote #3

That is similar to what I have in mind. The difference is that I want to basically have two separate sets of stats. One for the overall group of servers, and one for each server individually. That way people could view the stats page and see their overall rank, or drill down to the server level to see how they rank on just the one server.

At the moment, I am thinking of trying the following:

- Leave the existing DB and daemon configured to log stats as is now
- create a new hlstats daemon for each server/group.
- create a new site for each server/group
- create a new DB for each server/group
- configure the "points/kill" messages to be disabled on all except the original instance. This would make it so when people use hlx commands like "rank" or "top" it returns info for the overall stats. in addition, when it says what points were lost/earned on a kill, it would be based on the overall ranking, but hopfully still feed the "overall" and individual DBs.
- add links to the "tabs" at the top of the current "main" stats page that would let people drill down to the server/group specific stats.

Some issues that i have not tested/researched yet.
- the hlstats daemon may not allow multiple instances to run at one time.
- the in game commands, such as "rank", "top", etc may have undesirable effects.

I have not tried it yet, but if I can't figure out a different solution I can give this a shot and see how it goes.