View Single Post
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2015 , 18:57   Re: Multi-Mod Manager v1.0-release_candidate2.hotfix2
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Use charsmx() for string instead of sizeof - 1.
Why? Brad used it a lot (104 times) at his Galileo, to accomplish the same task.
I mean, what does you know, that he doesn't know, at the time he wrote the code.

Quote:
I didn't make the rules and they state everything must be in english.
Was just some variables well english documented, so any english reader can understand code.
This is what is supposed to mean the rule, everything must be in english, i.e., English readers
must to understand without consulting those ambiguous translators. Because if it is not english,
they should consult the translator, and translators are bad interpreters.
But of course, very well named english variables became easier to the native english readers to understand the code without
learning/consulting all the time, its documentation.
Those variables were not english because the I written the code originally at another language,
and at the translation process they were forgotten.

Quote:
It might work for a small number of lines. Pawn does not have any limitation on how big you can make a string (the OS is the limitation here). However, I'm guessing there is a limit on how long of a string you can print due to the game but I'd guess it'd be hard to hit. IIRC, your string isn't going to be that long when you include all of the text in a single string.
I must test it, then know which one is exactly, and if I found a good solution, I would do a pull request to that horrible "amx_help" command at "adminhelp.sma".

Quote:
Maybe I was a little too definitive when I said what I said about this topic. I wouldn't
always assume that (it is a rule of thumb) because there are some cases where you might
need to use client_print() in a server command. It's better to understand the difference
between the three different types of commands and prints that you can use: server, console, and client.
No way, and of course. However I just explained how I needed to use it, at that case.

Quote:
Not if you want it to be for all modifications. You need to either remove color chat entirely
or properly compensate for non-Counter-Strike mods. I'd personally recommend the former.
I will just recognize if I am at Counter-Strike or not, then use or not colored text.

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you mean here.
For example, when I register a register_concmd as:
register_concmd("amx_coolcommand", "receiveCommand", ADMIN_CFG, g_help_coolcommand )
And type "amx_coolcommand argument1", it shows help, even if the command uses only one argument.

Quote:
FYI, documented code doesn't make it maintainable but often maintainable code contains a
reasonable amount of documentation. You still need to code it intelligently by using the
proper structures and organization.
You are right. However I said, for example, which I mean, an example about what maintainable code has,
and as you said, it has documentation. I did not said: -"It is all you need to develop maintainable code".
However, thank you for this thread completeness.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-17-2015 at 21:32.