View Single Post
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2017 , 05:39   Re: [TF2] Enhanced Rockets v1.1
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UserNotFound View Post
1 + 2. I'll do some testing with the parenting + invis bit. If it means less negative interactions with other plugins/the game, I should definitely look into it.
3. Oh boy
4. I will be replacing the stock model with the "enhanced" stock model made by N-Cog with the fixed UV and also the Australium rocket skin (for v1.2).
Honestly, there's no reason to do all this mess, there is a fastest way to do that:

Code:
int iAustraRocketModelIndex = -1; public void OnMapStart() {     iAustraRocketModelIndex = PrecacheModel(AUSTRALIUM_ROCKET); } void YourChangeRocketModelFunctionHere(int iRocket) {     Entity_ModelOverrides(iRocket, iAustraRocketModelIndex); }
Code:
void Entity_ModelOverrides(int iEntity, int iModelIndex = 0) {     if (!HasEntProp(iEntity, Prop_Send, "m_nModelIndexOverrides"))         PrintToServer("(Entity_ModelOverrides) Missing prop \"m_nModelIndexOverrides\" on entity %d", iEntity);     for(int i=0; i<4; i++)     {         SetEntProp(iEntity, Prop_Send, "m_nModelIndexOverrides", iModelIndex, _, i);     } }

It overrides the model, without changing collisions! For some reasons valve didn't use that method for jarates, and other projectiles skins, wich is a shame. I e-mailed them multiple times about it, but they just won't do it.
Here a video of m_nModelIndexOverrides in action:

Last edited by Benoist3012; 05-17-2017 at 14:25.