View Single Post
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-28-2017 , 14:56   Re: [TF2] Enhanced Rockets v1.1
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
I do wanna point out that SetEntityModel does change the rockets' collision and physics properties. While I'd assume N-Cognito copied the stock rockets' physics/collision onto the other models, if not, then this could alter gameplay rather than being cosmetic.
I just noticed in HLMV that the hitbox of one of the new rockets N-Cognito designed for the 1.2 update is taller than the normal rocket but from what I'm seeing in HLMV, the physics model is the stock rocket's physics model (though it has been renamed, that was my doing). I hope the hitbox being a different size isn't an issue, though I have a feeling I'm probably wrong about that.
Hitbox + physics model screenshot of new 1.2 rocket

Quote:
Setting the stock rocket to invis and parenting the new rocket as a prop_dynamic might solve that potential issue without further model rework (and without making everyone redownload things).
Would that cause the fake rocket to lag slightly behind the position of the real rocket though? The new piggyback plugin parents players to another player and when you're running, the piggyback'd players tend to look as though they're flying slightly behind the player they're riding. I assumed that was a standard drawback of parenting things to other things.

Quote:
Yeah, I've had my eye on that attrib for a while now. I've always wanted to use String attributes on custom weapons but I have no idea of how to use them because I've tried copying integer values of things from my backpack, but that just resulted in chinese characters or garbled random characters.

Quote:
Is there a reason for having one long case handling all the default rockets ...
Just the way I did it, to be honest. No worries about that top case though; there's a 1.2 update in the works that adds in rockets for pretty much all RL's minus the Decorated quality ones. N-Cog also designed an "enhanced" stock rocket, so I need basically all the rocket launcher ID's case'd for this because of the new stock rocket model. I was even working on some non-rocket projectile model changes for a future 1.3 update. As for the normal stock model thing, that was just me thinking "what if something fucks up and it doesn't set the model, then you'll have invisible rockets due to a bug down the line, you better set the default model somewhere".

Thanks for providing some insight into the inner workings of projectiles and the physics models and such. I'll keep the physics stuff in mind for the 1.3 update that will do non-rocket things. I'm also going to go over the models and just double check to make sure they're all using the proper physics models. And I'll go through and make changes to the code where necessary based on your feedback

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 02-28-2017 at 15:13.