View Single Post
mlov420
Old 05-24-2013 , 16:34   Re: Spawnpoint Files
Reply With Quote #84

FOR ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH WORKSHOP/_SE MAP RANDOM SPAWN POINTS

I just want to note that you need the nameofmap.txt custom spawn points file to do this.

My deathmatch server runs competitive maps ( _se). I wanted to have random spawn points but I kept getting the following error:

L 05/24/2013 - 05:00:14: [cssdm\dm_preset_spawns.smx] Could not find spawn point file "cfg/cssdm/spawns/csgo/workshop/125488374/de_dust2_se.txt"
L 05/24/2013 - 05:00:14: [cssdm\dm_preset_spawns.smx] Defaulting to map-based spawns!
L 05/24/2013 - 06:503: SourceMod error session started

So....being the genius that I am

1. I went into the cfg/cssdm/spawns/csgo/ folder on my server and created a new folder called workshop. Now it looks like this: cfg/cssdm/spawns/csgo/workshop

2. Went to my Workshop Collection and retrieved the "workshop file name" for each map I wanted to use my spawn files for. For Example: the map de_nuke_se has a workshop file name of 125498553

3. Then I went into the cfg/cssdm/spawns/csgo/workshop folder I just made and created a new folder for each of the maps I want to make random spawn points for, using the workshop file name (number) as the folder name. For Example: cfg/cssdm/spawns/csgo/workshop/125498553 (for de_nuke_se)

4. I then went to the cfg/cssdm/spawns/csgo folder and copied each .txt file to its correct folder. For Example: I copied the file de_nuke_se.txt and placed it in the folder named workshop/125498553

Again, you must have a random spawn file for each map to do this. I just used the ones that came with Bailopan's CSSDM plugin. All this stuff above does is create the correct location in which the CSSDM plugin already searches when dealing with workshop maps. I personally am trying to locate random spawn files for the main workshop releases of de_mill, de_season, de_mirage_go and de_cache -- in the event someone has them already and can hook me up.

Steamid: Blackhawk81010 (Kottonmouth Soldier, clan .insatiable.)